Monday 13 July 2015

Monday Musings

Hey everyone! Apologies for the post spam today, but I have just discovered the Monday Musings Meme, started by A Daily Rhythm. Each week, we are asked to answer one of the following prompts:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

There will also be a random question each week! So let's get started...

I'm really upset by some of the books I have read recently! Merely by coincidence in the way my A-Z Author Challenge has forced me to read books in a certain order, I seem to have been on a run of books about mental health, and of all of them, only one of them really offered a happy and hopeful ending! The Bell Jar made me so angry that I couldn't even appreciate the hopeful bits, All The Bright Places was heart-breaking, as was Silver Linings Playbook, but at least that had a happy ending! I feel like I have been battered and bogged down! Luckily, I am now onto 'R' and it's a crimey-spy-type book, so let's hope that I can give my emotions a rest for a while! :)

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What book (or books) would you take with you on vacation? Why?
I love to take books which require my full attention on holiday with me. That could be because it is a complex read which really makes you think, or just because it is by one of my favourite authors and I want to completely and utterly savour it. Holiday seems to be the place where I can concentrate on reading the best, so it's the best place to dedicate myself to a great book! My only hesitancy is that I don't like to take really pretty new books away with me where they are at risk of being covered in sand, sun cream, water or worse, being left there because I can't fit it in my suitcase when coming home! 

I hope you all enjoyed my first Monday Musing as much as I enjoyed writing it, so I look forward to more rambly musings! What books do you like taking on holiday, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment