Wednesday 22 July 2015

Top 5 Wednesdays: Characters Who Deserve Their Own Series

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! It's time for another Top 5, a meme hosted by GingerReadsLainey. This week's topic is 'Top 5 Characters Who Deserve Their Own Series'. I actually found this quite difficult, because it is easiest to fall in love with the main character in a story...a side character has to be particularly memorable to be included in this list! But, alas, I have chosen 5, so here we go....

5) Cary from the Crossfire Series
The Crossfire series is based on Gideon and Eva's relationship, both of whom had abuse problems in childhood. Eva met Cary at a group for people recovering from childhood trauma, and I think he is just such a likeable character with a very A-list and exciting life, so I would like to read a book written from his perspective! Maybe not a whole series though...

4) Setrakus Ra from the Lorien Legacies
I'm sure many of you know how much I love the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore! They are the story of 10 Garde members, sent to Earth to escape their planet which had been decimated by the Mogs. Setrakus Ra is the leader of the Mogs, and follows them to Earth, in an attempt to wipe out the remainder of their population He is so evil, and makes me so angry, but I would love to hear the story of the Mogs a bit more! We do get a little bit of that in the spin-off novellas, but it isn't nearly enough for me!

3) Voldemort from Harry Potter
Along the 'baddies' theme, I would definitely like to know more about Tom Riddle, and his rise to evil power. How did he recruit the Death Eaters? What made him turn so evil? I think that'd be a great story.
I would also like to praise the idea I saw on ATimeThatFlies: the Marauders from Harry Potter! SO true! How good would it be to learn about James, Lupin, Peter and Sirius at Hogwarts?! That would be so amazing!

2) Tiffany from Silver Linings Playbook
I love both Tiffany and Pat from SLP, but seeing as Pat is the main character, Tiffany gets this spot! I think Jennifer Lawrence is perfect to play her in the film too! She has issues, and a troubled past, and finds ways to heal herself through dance. I would love to know more about her history and her road to recovery! Again...maybe not a series, but definitely a book! :)

1) Daniel Cleaver from Bridget Jones
I was so proud of myself for this idea...I would LOVE to read a diary written by Daniel Cleaver from Bridget Jones. You could even do a dual POV thing with Mark Darcy to highlight the hilarious contrast between them! Daniel Cleaver is just such a cheeky bad boy that I think it'd be fab to spend a day inside his head!

So there you have it, my top 5 characters I would like to read more about! I guess most of them would work as a single book, rather than a full series, so I hope that's not cheating! What characters would you most like to read more about? Post the links to your T5W list below! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment