Monday 7 September 2015

Epic Book Haul!

Hello my lovely readers! :) I am sorry for the lack of posts recently, I have been pretty busy moving back home from my intern year before heading off to uni in a few weeks! I have however been reading a lot, and have been making my way through the first of the 3 Bourne novels, written by Ludlum. So once I have finished those, I will do a joint review. I have also recently received the latest instalment of the Lorien Legacies, so will soon be reading that, which I am very excited about! 

In the meantime, I have also been buying a fair amount of books! I would like to share them with you, as their names have gone into my TBR jar, so I may not be reviewing them for quite some time! So at least I can share the excitement in this list:
You - Caroline Kepnes
Oooh I do like to get my teeth into an epic thriller. The words "unrelenting", "terrifying" and "perversely clever" are used, which sound totally up my street! Very excited!


Am I Normal Yet? - Holly Bourne
A YA book I have heard a lot about. I am intrigued by it because what is 'normal'? It is clear there is some sort of mental health theme, which is all I need to make me pick a book up! I have heard great things, which I really hope are true as it sounds fantastic.

The Missing Husband - Amanda Brooke
Those who know me won't be surprised to hear that I picked this book out because of the adorable baby on the cover! Cover aside, the synopsis gives the story of a wife keeping a terrible secret from her husband, who then disappears. I like family-style mystery stories, so am very intrigued by it!


Do No Harm - Henry Marsh
I have wanted this for ages! I am sure people have twigged that I am fascinated by neuroscience, and this book is written by a neurosurgeon, describing his experiences and his work. I am sure this will be a great non-fiction read!

The Bone Clocks - David Mitchell
Charlie and I are so in love with this cover! I have started to notice this pattern in myself - I always seem to read books by popular authors, but never their most popular book. Don't ask me why, but it seems to be working well for me if I continue to do it. Everyone knows David Mitchell for Cloud Atlas, so I am hoping this is as good!


Not that Kind of Girl - Lena Dunham
This is one of those books that I have been waiting to come out in paperback, and it finally has! I really like funny women writing funny rants/life observations, so I am looking forward to this! :)


The First Bad Man - Miranda July
The quite literal 'dark horse' in my collection, this book has no synopsis on the back and the cover gives nothing away, which is quite a clever tactic because it made me want to discover its mystery! The reviews say things like "heartbreakingly sad, thoughtful, disgusting and hilarious", or "fills you with the urge to tell the whole world about it" or "confidently out-there and emotionally convincing"...I just hope they're right!

The Other Me - Saskia Sarginson
"Eliza Bennet has the life she's always dreamed of. She's who she wants to be, and she's with the man she loves. But Eliza is living a lie. Her real name is Klaudia Myer. And Klaudia is on the run. She's escaping her old life, ans a terrible secret buried at the heart of her family. This is the story of Eliza and Klaudia. One woman. Two lives. And a lie they cannot hide from." I really like storylines along this genre, they mystery really intrigues me, so I am looking forward to this!

We Were Liars - E.Lockhart
I have heard so much about this book from excited bloggers and booktubers that when I saw it in my local bookshop, I just had to pick it up! :)













Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - Jesse Andrews
I'm sure many people have heard of this book thanks to the film's incessant advertising on TV! The story really intrigued me: two boys' friendship with a girl with cancer. I am not usually the biggest fan of movie covers for books, but seeing as I wouldn't be reading the book without hearing of the story in film form, I didn't think it was so bad!


It Started with Paris - Cathy Kelly
Oh every girl has got to allow herself a guilty pleasure every now and then! I really love Paris, and as I may be going there soon, I thought this'd be an enjoyable read! :) PS it also has such a pretty cover!


Second Life - SJ Watson
I absolutely loved 'Before I Go to Sleep', and have wanted this ever since I was aware it was being released. However I usually wait for the paperback. Luckily for me, Charlie offered me a gift card he needed to use, so I just couldn't resist using it to get my hands on SJ Watson's next work!

Fate of Ten - Pittacus Lore
Saving the best until last...the new instalment of the Lorien Legacies from Pittacus Lore! As you may know, I am completely obsessed with this series, I am excited to read this, and as always I shall be reading all the preceding books before finishing my run with this. I have to say, although I am glad that they have finally settled on a cover design for the series, I am not the biggest fan. I will go into this more in my Lorien Legacies post once I have read it, but I think they should have stuck to one of the other designs!

So that's it, as you can see I have been a bit of a prolific buyer of books in the last two weeks! Have you read any of them - what did you think? What are you reading at the moment, or what are you excited to read? I'd love to hear in the comments below :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment